Saturday, January 15, 2011

Thoughts on the Boston Celtics 01/15/11




Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo… YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! What’s the deal, my peoples? Hope everyone is having a splendid weekend! The winter weather here in Boston is really starting to kick in. We’re talking about 20 degrees. AHHH. The air is so cold and crisp; I sometimes feel icicles forming on my face when I stay out too long. Snow is coming in spurts. BUT, MAN, when it does, it’s no joke. We had about roughly 13 inches I want to say and it was brutal. In my opinion, the snow isn’t what bothers me. It’s that COLD WIND, especially when it’s blowing nonstop. That’s what I hate.

Did you know? 95% of people cannot start a conversation without mentioning the weather? Isn’t that depressing? Not DEPRESSING depressing, but depressing because people can’t start a conversation by… I DON’T KNOW… talking about something other than the weather? I think we already know; you don’t have to mention it. But, that’s just me. I’m just sayin’.



But, that’s besides the point…



What I really came to blog about today is…?




What?



The Boston Celtics?









10 Thoughts






1)     It seems that I cannot go without mentioning the C’s injuries in every thought. This has become a pressing issue. They cannot seem to catch a break. When one comes back from an injury, two go down. When those two come back, someone else goes down. Rinse and repeat. I can’t help but convert my optimism into pessimism thinking they’re all going to be healthy come playoff time. We’ll just have to wait and see.

2)     Jermaine O’Neal. WOW. How the hell did this guy pass his physical when he decided to join the Celtics? Danny Ainge should’ve known better because in previous seasons, he’s been on a gimpy knee. His Indiana days are long gone. Danny Ainge took a HUGE gamble and it’s looking like a blunder. I did not like this signing at all. And this proves why. I understood the team’s need for frontcourt depth until Kendrick Perkins returned but they could’ve at least looked for someone who was not injury prone and a little younger. The fact that he signed a two-year deal almost puts it to the level that of Rasheed Wallace’s three-year deal.














3)     Speaking of Rasheed Wallace, there are rumors going around that he may come out of retirement and rejoin the Celtics if need be when playoffs come. OH. MY. BUDDHA. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. The LAST thing the Celtics need is a guy who has a “lazy” mentality and is arguably considered a cancer to a team. Evidence? 50-32 last season. Tanking most of the regular season and “flipping the switch” when playoffs roll. I bet Rasheed Wallace had EVERYTHING to do with that mentality. Not to mention that this is the same guy who basically played out of shape and wants to rejoin the team??? NOW??? The C’s do not need his technicals, either. I’d rather much have Semih Erden continue playing than this guy.

4)     I feel like Rajon Rondo is almost trying TOO hard to stat-pad his assists. His assists/turnover ratio is 3.32. He’s leading the league in assists. Great. I distinctively remember on two different games where Rondo was left all alone with a trailing Ray Allen and GAVE UP two easy points to Ray and he dunked on both occasions. He’s being too “passing friendly.” This is not to knock on Rondo; he clearly has great vision and basketball IQ but he needs to learn to finish on his own.

















5)     Celtics are back on top with an Eastern Conference best 30-9. Second best record in the NBA behind San Antonio. Not bad at all considering all the ongoing injuries this team has been facing.

6)     Kevin Garnett, please? Kendrick Perkins, please? Delonte West, please? Celtics are not a great rebounding team without KG and Perk.

7)     Luke Harangody has been playing great as of late. Is it too soon to consider him more of an energy guy than Glen “Big Baby” Davis? Nah, way too soon.

8)     Marquis Daniels. Keep belee'ing. AGAIN.

















9)     Ray Allen will pass Reggie Miller in total 3-point field goals made. WITHOUT A DOUBT. I believe it’s 31 more to go? It’s only a matter of how long will he extend his new record to.

10)  Vonilla Wafer? Somebody had to do it.










Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment